Monday, February 7, 2011

Assignment 1


This week in class we have been learning mostly about the spine. The lectures in the class are ironically so far my favorite part of class. I find it very interesting to learn about the human body and the different bones and muscles since it has been so long.  

Also this week we got our clay models and received our first homework assignment. The picture I am uploading with this blog is my progression. I am worried I am very off with my positioning and sizing of the clay that represent the muscles in the body. The pictures in the book have been really hard to tell where they relate with the other muscles and it is hard to tell how large or small to really make them. Either way I plan to bring it to class on Tuesday and hopefully get some good feedback.

Besides the lectures and the clay model we have been practicing drawing in class, like any drawing class would. It has been awhile for me, so these first few weeks have been interesting. I am not used to drawing for such long periods of time and I when I do draw it tends to be more from pictures. So getting used to drawing forms in front of me will be challenging. I have found it difficult to find the muscles and bones on our model. I feel like I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I’m sure with more practice I will be able to see the muscles better, especially when this clay model will be staring me in the face. I think it will be hard not to know the muscles.

Either way I am excited for class on Tuesday and look forward to learning more. If anyone has feedback on my clay model, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. Its cool that your in the fine art major. Drawing is such an awesome hobby. Your manikin is looking really good. You were able to keep it really clean and the anatomy looks good from what I can remember from the images in the book. If you keep sculpting it like that, you will have a pretty awesome figure by the end of the class.

    my blog is http://www.smudgepit.blogspot.com/ not the one that is listed.

    ReplyDelete