Friday, February 18, 2011

Class or No class...


Wow! This week has been gorgeous! February and it’s over 50 degrees. That is unheard of. I love it! I am not a winter person; I love warm weather so much more!

Besides the weather being so weird, so was school. I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and this week all my Tuesday classes were cancelled. On Thursday I only had 45 minutes of Life Drawing and my other class was cancelled. Talk about a weird week for classes. Although I didn’t mind, I was able to get ahead in some homework and breathe for two seconds.

Since we only had one hour of class instead of six this week, we didn’t get a lot of time to draw and practice. Today was a little rushed but we did get some drawings in.

We are working this weekend on the quad muscles and putting them on our clay models. When I worked on the model, the muscles were pretty easy to make. Mainly long strips of clay. Unless I completely did it wrong, it didn’t take too much time.

We learned briefly how to draw under the ribs. For me it seemed confusing because I couldn’t really see or understand what we were drawing, but I’m sure more practice will help.

This week I have noticed that I look at people differently now. I can look at someone and sort of map out the best way to draw them. I look at their form and the angle and it seems like I have a new pair of eyes. I never really noticed how people were standing or walking before. I guess I shouldn’t say that, I have noticed peoples posture before, but I couldn’t tell you the best way to draw it, or why things were angled the way they were. 


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I have noticed it as well. I keep seeing peoples egg shaped rip cages. Perhaps we are going crazy. Just kidding. Nice drawing! I really like how clean and to the point you drawings are. Definitely something I should take note of and practice. As for critique, your drawings of the pelvis seem a little bit too short or tall, predominantly the bottom two. Though the width seems pretty much spot on. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, ive noticed i am starting to look at people differently now and analyzing them from what we've learned in class. Im excited for more practice on the pelvis this week. Glad you enjoyed your week off, crazy!

    ReplyDelete