Friday, March 25, 2011

Shoulders


Well Spring Break is officially over and we are back to hard work at school.

This week we have been learning about the shoulders and collar bone. I’m not going to lie I had a really hard time finding the collarbone when I was drawing. Some people and angles make it really hard to see.

On Tuesday we had a lecture and then were able draw, which was nice to get more practice in. On Thursday we didn’t have scheduled class, but we did have a lot of muscles to do. I think for this week we had a total of 17 muscles to add to our manikins. I am hoping that my manikin isn’t too messed up because I really wasn’t sure where a lot of the muscles were supposed to go. Hopefully they are proportioned and in the right place.

On a side note I still find the feet very interesting and I never knew that the big toe and the next two are connected to your anklebone and the last two toes are connected to the heel. That is why you have an arch in your foot. I couldn’t believe I never knew that.

I think I am still having a hard time with my thickness and weight control. Showing in my drawing, which muscles come out in front and which ones go off in the distance, is hard for me. Part of me just doesn’t understand how to figure out which lines to darken and which ones not to. And how do you thicken lines without ruining your form. I guess the answer would be to do it in a subtle way, but easier said than done.

I would love any feedback on my gesture drawing because short poses are hard for me to capture the movement and overall pose of the model.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet. Your gestures are very clear and to the point. On the left figure, the torso looks really small compared to the pelvis. The spacing between the two is too much. Keep in mind that the pelvic bone (bottom of the v) is the half way point on the figure. I would mark your half way point towards the beginning of a gesture. For a little more action try playing around with curved vs. straight lines. A lot of your lines feel very straight and I would use both. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alex, too much spacing between the ribs and the pelvis bone, much better on the right one. Very nice curve on the clavicle bone tho. I also see good movement through the arms and shoulder blades on the right figure. Nice work

    ReplyDelete