Friday, April 1, 2011


This week we continued to work on shoulder muscles and how to draw the collarbone. It has still be hard for me to see it on the models I think maybe because it moves, at least in the back and if you have a bad angle on it, it is hard to draw. Making the collarbone look like it is going back into space instead of just a flat line can be hard to come across.

Last Thursday was a great day for me as far as drawing. Something I am not in the mood to draw and you can totally tell when you look at my drawings. But on Thursday I was really in the zone and I feel like I had a lot of pictures to take for good drawings.

With the manikin we have been adding a lot of muscles and its been a challenge to keep up. When I talked with Amy about mine there were a lot of muscles to change. I still have to do that this weekend along with new muscles for triceps and biceps. I also realized that I am seriously running out of clay. My muscles must be way bigger than the person who had my manikin previous. Luckily Amy gave me more clay but it is YELLOW! So my manikin is all going to be red and the arm is going to be yellow.

Next week we only have one class because of advisement day and I am so excited to have the day off so I can catch up on homework. Maybe then I won’t feel so stressed out.

Here are a few drawings from this week. What do you guys think? 




3 comments:

  1. love the shoulder blades in the top pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a hard time keeping up with the manikin as well! I feel the same way about having the day off on Tuesday, its not really a day off, but at least we can use it to get projects and assignments together. Yicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet gestures! They seem really geometric which gives it a somewhat stylized feel. I think it works really well to show a masculine gesture.

    ReplyDelete