Thursday, April 28, 2011

face


This week in life drawing we continued studying the cranium. Instead of working with the skeleton, we drew from the models. I missed class on Tuesday, but I really enjoyed a long study of the face today. This has been my favorite section we’ve studied so far. I have been waiting to learn about the head and how to draw the face. I have learned so much and I am bummed I missed Tuesday’s class because I know Amy gave great tips on how to draw the face that I missed. So anyone who was there and has great tips for me, I would love to hear them! We did learn about the ear today and a little bit about the neck. The ear was interesting because I didn’t realize there were so many parts. Yes, the ear is weird, but every little curve in the ear has a name! Who names all these things, I mean lets be serious.

I’m not going to lie; I haven’t even looked or touched my manikin in weeks. I’m glad next Tuesday we will have time to fix them and get feedback. I’m hoping mine isn’t too far off from what the real muscles look like. Also, we found out today that we will need to do a self-portrait and they are due for our evaluation time slot. I’m hoping it isn’t going to be hard because if I’m looking in the mirror while drawing myself, wont I be moving my face too much. I’ll never have the same position. Maybe I’m thinking about it too much, but it sounds like it will be hard. I’ve done self-portraits from drawings before and they never turn out. I think because we all have an idea on what we look like or what we want to look like that our brains trick us and it comes out in our drawings. Anyways, my point is good luck to all of you. 


2 comments:

  1. Well doesn't look like you missed too much because your portrait turned out great! Its really clean and the planes are quite clear. Only things that seem to be missing are the glabella that is between the eyes and the sausage like things that go over the eyes. Its really hard to explain but it makes the eyebrows have more form to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i agree, your drawing is very clean! mine was full of corrections, you must have a natural eye for this stuff. The only thing i really notice is that, just like the hair and the eyebrows, the eyelashes shouldn't be drawn with such distinct individual hairs. Good luck with your self portrait!

    ReplyDelete