Friday, April 8, 2011

Arm


This week we learned about the arm and it is always interesting to me when you learn something new about the human body. To me, I feel like we all should know about it because it is our body but we don’t really know how complex and interesting it is. This is what I learned…

The humorous bone is connected to your shoulder and your elbow. There are bicep muscles, which are on the top or front of your arm and tricep muscle, which are on the back. From your elbow you then have two bones that go down to your wrist which are the Ulna and the Radius (Forearm bones). This is where I found things interesting because I never knew this before. The Ulna bone is connected to the main part of the elbow and goes down to your pinky (mainly owning the elbow). The Radius goes from the elbow down to your thumb and owns the wrist.

When your hands are supine, which means palms up, your forearm bones are parallel. When your hands are prone or palms down, your forearm bones are crossed. That is why drawing arms can be so difficult.

This weekend we are putting the forearm muscles on our manikins so I am not quite sure what they are or how they look, but I am excited we are almost done with learning the different parts so we can draw the whole figure. After the arm we move to the hands and then the head and I am most excited to learn about the skull. To me the skull is the most interesting and I think I am really going to like learning about it. I also have found it odd that we haven’t really drawn heads in class yet and it will be really nice to have a head on our figures. 




2 comments:

  1. That 3 min gesture is really strong. The variation in line weights adds a lot of interest. I would push for the same think on your other drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your 3 minute drawing catches my attention the most. I think the lines really flow through the body very nicely as compared to the other two that feel more stuck to me. Strive for the more playful lines, they look nice! Another thing that catches my attention in your longer pose is that the foot seems to be larger than the head even though the head is closer to the viewer.

    ReplyDelete